Friday, June 15, 2012

Cabbage Lovers UNITE!

   Welcome back to Free Recipe Friday.  Today's post is for the population, however big or small, that love cabbage.  I'm not scared to say it.  However stinky it may be, it is delicious and I like it a lot!  I will also say that when I was half the age that I am now, I did not like half of the food that I like now (cabbage included).  So, if you are young and don't like most of what us old people like, give it time.  I used to always tell my girls, if you don't like something on your plate that is perfectly fine, BUT you have to at least try it.  That goes for us adults too, and you should KEEP trying things throughout your life.  Don't think just because you didn't like something years ago that you still don't like it today.  
   After 27 years of marriage, and the 10 plus years before that, my husband refused to eat Tuna Casserole (which the girls and I love).  All because of that one little casserole incident from that one little church pot-luck luncheon years and years ago.  But this year. . .he finally tried it.  It wasn't NEAR like he thought it would be.  He actually kind of liked it.  SO, keep trying new things.  (I actually even tried some Eel a few weeks ago.  On some sushi.  Who knew?!?)
This week's recipe has got to be one of the easiest EVER.  And so stinkin' cheap!  I SO hope you will try it.

WHAT YOU NEED:
1 head of green cabbage

Several teaspoons of minced Garlic

Kosher Salt/Pepper

Olive Oil

Baking Sheet

WHAT TO DO:
Preheat your oven to 375-400 degrees.
Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray.  Set aside.
Wash the cabbage and remove a few layers of those icky outer leaves.
Using a very large knife (like you might use
when slicing a watermelon),
slice the cabbage in half, as best you can,
without losing a finger.
Now the slicing gets a lot easier.
Lay the cabbage flat side down
(hopefully you are using a cutting board)
and slice into 1 inch thick slices.



Carefully place each slice onto your baking sheet.
Drizzle olive oil onto each slice of cabbage and sprinkle
generously with garlic, kosher salt and pepper.


That is it people!
Place your baking sheet into an 375-400 oven.
Roast these babies until they've wilted a bit
and the edges are golden. 
It really depends on how crunchy or soft
you like your cabbage.
I'd say bake for 20-30 minutes.

They are delicious!!!!!!!
I bet you could even add some sliced link sausage
onto the baking sheet to cook along with the cabbage
and you would hit a home run!
ENJOY!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers