Friday, July 27, 2012

Mental Health Week?!


Since my brain has been fried this week (and last week too as a matter of fact!), we’re going to keep things in sync here on Free Recipe Friday too.  We’re going to give you something fried

This week’s Free Recipe is Fried Rice. Who doesn’t love that?!?  I’ve made several attempts at this over the years, and they have always left me with the feeling of, just forget it, I will eat it at a Chinese restaurant.  You know what I’m sayin’?!  But THIS recipe is the best I have had – it may even be a close contender to the restaurant styled ones.  It’s tastes so fresh and I know what went in it!  So get you some chopsticks – it’s time to make Fried Rice!


WHAT YOU NEED:
3 cups cooked white rice
(leftover rice is perfect for this)
3 tbs sesame oil
1 cup frozen peas and carrots
(thawed)
2 tsp garlic - minced
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/4 cup soy sauce
a couple of green onions - chopped

(This recipe was revised from one I found at
lifeasalofthouse.blogspot.com.) 
Yummo!

WHAT TO DO:
On medium high heat,
heat the oil in a large skillet or sauté pan.
Add the peas/carrots mix
along with the garlic.
Stir fry until tender.
Lower the heat to medium low
and push the veggie mixture off to one side,
then pour your eggs on the other side of skillet
and stir fry until scrambled.
Now add the rice, green onions and soy sauce
and stir them all together until heated through.



Serve with some Roasted Cabbage
and you have a meat free meal!

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers